The purpose of this statement is to mitigate any potential discrimination or unfair treatment
against trainees, clients or participants of On the Spot Training School (OTSTS) On the Spot Online (ONSOL).
OTSTS / OTSOL is committed to the principles of equal opportunities and will strive to ensure that no one using the service will be treated less favourably on the following grounds:
• sex or gender
• race or religion
• sexual orientation
• social background
• or by any other condition that cannot be shown to be justifiable.
OTSTS / OTSOL welcomes trainees, clients or participants from all communities and will protect them from abuse or harassment.
Any trainee should be able to undertake the course or use the service provided they meet any entrance requirements. The same assessment standard must be applied equally to all trainees.
OTSTS / OTSOL recognises that discrimination can take varying forms:
• Where a trainee or participant is treated less favourably than another in the same or similar
situation on one of the grounds listed above.
• Where a rule or practice is applied to all but has the effect of disadvantaging a particular group
of people compared to others outside the group, unless the rule or practise is needed to
achieve a legitimate aim and the means of achieving the aim are appropriate and necessary.
• Where an individual has taken steps to enforce their rights (or has helped another to do so) and
as a result, is treated less favourably than those who have not complained.
• Where an individual is subjected to unwanted conduct on a protected ground which has the
purpose or effect of violating their dignity or of creating an intimidating, hostile, humiliating or
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
OTSTS / OTSOL acknowledges that treating trainees, clients and participants equally does not equate to treating all trainees and participants in the same way, but that their needs can be met in different ways. OTSTS / OTSOL values diversity and will seek to enable all trainees or participants to realise their full potential.
Sally Morris – On the Spot Training School
OTSTS / OTSOL – March 2021