Advanced Massage Workshop – Lower Back & Hips
Our aim is to refresh your massage and bodywork treatment approach by expanding your assessment and applied techniques repertoire whilst considering and utilising updated research in anatomy and physiology.
Techniques for Lower Back & Hips
In this 1-day workshop we will develop soft tissue therapy treatment options & techniques that address common problems and restrictions in the thoracolumbar and pelvic region. The physiological consequence of such restrictions can have both local and global knock-on effects leading to pain, dysfunction and pathologies into the upper back, neck, shoulders and also into the upper and lower extremities.
We will also have the opportunity to consider how ‘updated’ scientific research into the fascial network, is guiding us to ask questions about our musculoskeletal anatomy training, ‘what type of soft tissue/myofascial techniques we choose to employ and why?’ Can we theoretically and therapeutically ‘separate’ the ‘myo’ (muscle) from fascia?
- Soft tissue assessment techniques to indicate restricted tissues
- Postural alignment considerations
- Focussed Range of Motion assessment
- Advanced soft tissue therapy techniques including MET’s and ‘updated ‘myofascial trigger point’ techniques to facilitate lasting ‘release’
- How to apply techniques skilfully and sensitively, including ways of moderating pressures that listen rather than repetitively force through restricted tissue
- Adapting techniques to suit the client’s physique and tensions
Go here for more information – Lower Back & Hips